The quizzes tool enables you to create and manage points-measured assessments. As part of your quantifiable assessment procedures, you can use quizzes to help evaluate users’ learning progress and learning outcomes.
Start Building Your Quiz in SLATE
Add Questions to Your Quiz
- Creating Quiz Questions
- Math Questions
- Import a CSV File with Quiz Questions, directly into the Question Library in SLATE
- Respondus 4.0 (Print Quiz Questions and Create Question Libraries Easily outside of SLATE, Windows Only)
- Quiz Question Converter (Link to tools created by Algonquin College to ease creating quiz questions)
- Question Library
- Randomizing Questions – Question Pool
Give Students Special Access
- Allowing Special Access (this will allow students to receive extra time or different dates to complete their exam)
By default, the Submission View only shows students their score on the quiz. However, you can set additional Submission Views that allow students to see additional information, such as correct answers or question feedback, for a set period of time.
- Submission Views – Student: Instructions for students to see submission views.
Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
After you have saved the exam, you can go back to the quizzes page and click the Lockdown Browser tab to enable the Lockdown Browser or Monitor.
- Respondus LockDown Browser Details
- Respondus Monitor
- Webinars are offered online directly from Respondus. The sessions provide a detailed demonstration of both applications.
- Troubleshooting: Interrupted Quizzes/Attempts in Progress (Students say they wrote the exam but you do not see it or their computer was giving them issues? Their attempts might be in progress.)
- Updating a Question’s Answer after Quiz Attempts
- Troubleshooting the Lockdown Browser