The discussion tool is a collaboration area to post, read and reply to messages on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions and share files.
You can use the discussions tool in your course to:
- Encourage users to share thoughts on course material with their peers
- Set up forums for users to ask questions
- Create forums for groups to work on assignments
Use this infographic (PNG) to think through some of the design and delivery considerations when moving from a F2F discussion to an online discussion activity.
- Accessing Discussions
- Creating a Discussion Forum
- Creating a Discussion Topic
- Creating a Group Discussion
- Getting Students Started with Discussions
- Grade a Discussion Topic