Update to Privacy Statement for students:
Please be advised that your class may be recorded for teaching and learning purposes for use by other students enrolled in your class only. By turning on your camera at any time, you are consenting to your image or likeness being recorded. Should you not wish to have your image or likeness captured, it is recommended that you keep your camera switched off.
Before using the Virtual Classroom. We strongly recommend you use the latest versions of either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for an optimal experience in SLATE, Apple Safari is not supported. Ensure your browser allows third-party cookies, allows pop-ups, and clear your browser cache, if necessary.
Use for live discussions, office hours, video-based training, and more. Schedule, deliver and record live sessions right from within SLATE. Embed sessions directly into courses alongside other materials.
- Integrated voice and video conferencing.
- Up to 7 simultaneous webcams.
- NEW: 6 break-out rooms
- Document and Desktop Sharing.
- Live Chat.
- NEW: Moderator can enter the classroom 10 minutes early.
- NEW: Up to 150 participants.
- NEW: Maximum Meeting Duration: 240 minutes.
- NEW: Session recording availability: Unlimited.
Where is the Virtual Classroom located in SLATE?
To find the Virtual Classroom. Within your class section, Click Communication > Virtual Classroom
You can also find the tool by clicking Existing Activities within the content.
Accessing the Virtual Classroom
When you login to the Virtual Classroom for the first time, you will get a warning to continue. Click the radio button if you prefer not to get this message the next time you login. Click Continue when complete.
Once logged the Class Meetings dashboard appears, where you can see previously scheduled and recorded meetings. You are also able to schedule meetings directly on the dashboard.
- All Virtual Classroom Resources
Get Started and Set-Up
- System Requirements
- Have a Ball with Bongo: Tips and Tricks – A D2L Video
- Create a Virtual Classroom
- Invite Others to the Session
- Create a Quicklink to a Virtual Classroom
- Edit or Cancel a Virtual Classroom
- Instructors; Launch and End Virtual Classroom
Join and Participate
- Students: Join Your Virtual Classroom
- Audio and Video Basics
- Share your Webcam
- Call in to Join Virtual Classroom
- Record a Virtual Classroom Session
- Moderators vs Presenters
Present and Communicate
- Upload Presentations
- Annotation Tools
- Share your Desktop
- Breakout Rooms
- Attendance Log
- Create a Poll