The announcement tool enables you to create announcement items that help communicate course updates, changes and new information to your students quickly and effectively.
Note: Announcement items appear in the news widget on the Course Homepage. You can also receive instant notifications about postings through email, SMS, and RSS feeds. Click here to find out more about notifications.
Creating an Announcement Item
- From the course homepage click the drop-down arrow beside Announcement in the header of the News widget or click edit course and select Announcement.
- Click New Announcement Item
- Enter the name of your announcement item in the headline field.
- Under the content, heading enter the contents of your news item in the HTML Editor.
- Select start dates and end dates for your announcement.
- Add any attachments or release conditions.
- Click Publish or Save as Draft which will allow you to publish the item at a later date.
- After your announcement (news) item has been created you and edit it at any time.