Turnitin ‘Self-Check’ for Students
The Self Check folder is intended for students to submit a several draft versions of their assignments before the due date on a specific assignment. This way students can make changes to their work before submitting the final paper to the assignment folder. The draft submissions are not stored and will not be added to the Turnitin database.
Please check your Assignments tab in SLATE for the ‘Self Check’ assignment folder. This folder will:
- Allow for unlimited submissions
- Allow you to check your draft submissions
- Provide a student view of the Originality Report for each submission
Turnitin Through ‘Self-Check’ Assignment Folder in SLATE
To submit a draft assignment to the Self-check folder:
- Log into SLATE and click on your course/class/section
- On the navigation bar click on Assessments>Assignments
- Click on the Self-Check Folder (if unavailable, please email your instructor)
- Click the Add a File grey button and Submit
To view the report
- Choose Assessment > Assignments. Under Submission Click 1.
Now you are able to click the report.
Your instructor may choose to add feedback within your report. Below are directions directly from Turnitin on how to view the feedback.
- Viewing Instructor Feedback