There are several reasons why a course you are registered for is not visible in SLATE:
- If you have only registered for the course within the last 24 hours, the registration may not be processed yet. Please wait 24-48 hours after registering for a course to appear in SLATE.
- The course hasn’t started. If the course has not yet started, it will not be visible in SLATE. If you are unsure about when your course is supposed to start, contact the instructor for that course for further information.
- The instructor may not be using SLATE for this course. Contact the instructor to find out where to access the course.
You will have to get in touch with your instructor. To do this:
- Go to Management>Classlist to look for your instructor and email him/her.
- Check the box beside the name with I (instructor) beside it (DSilva_I) to email your instructor.
Drop/Swap a course
To drop or unenroll from a course, contact the Office of the Registrar
Note: There may be a waiting period after dropping the course for the course to be removed from SLATE or for the new course to be reflected in SLATE.
When to contact my instructor
- Content related questions
- Extensions on assignments, quizzes, discussions, exams, etc.
- Requests for additional quiz attempts
- Specific details or questions about course material, for example, instructions
- Grade inquiry for assignments, discussions, etc.
Audio or video not playing in Content modules
If the audio or video lectures in the Content tool are not playing, this is most likely the result of a missing plugin needed to play the audio or video. To check whether this is the issue, complete the system check found on the login page before logging in. Ensure that all plugins are enabled and update any programs if required (such as Java, Adobe, etc.).
Restart the browser and try playing the audio or video lecture again. If this did not solve the problem, contact your instructor and inform them of the issue.