You must create groups before you create group discussions. For instructions on creating groups click Creating Groups.
- Click Communication>Discussions on the course navbar.
- Select Group and Section Restrictions
Create new restricted topics
- On the Create Restricted Topics page, select a group category to create new topics for.
- Under the Forum heading, select a forum to create the topics in or select New Forum
- If you selected new forum, a popup window will appear. Title the forum and click save.
- You can view/change the restrictions for the new topics.
- Once finished, click Save.
Restrict Existing Forums and Topics
- On the Group Restrictions page, you will see any discussion forums and topics that have been created.
- From the Group Category drop-down, select the category of groups you want to create restricted discussions for.
- From the Forum drop-down, select the Forum containing the topics you want to restrict or select “All Forums”.
- Besides the forum or topic, you want to restrict, check off the box under the restricted heading.
- Select the box under the group heading for the group you want to restrict the topic to.
- Click Save.