Create a New Topic:
- Click Communication>Discussions on the course navbar.
- On the discussion list page, from the New drop-down select New Topic
New Topic Details:
- From the Forum drop-down, select the forum in which you want the topic to reside.
- In the title field, provide a title for your topic.
- Provide a description for the topic. (Optional)
- Check the boxes if you want to allow for anonymous messages or if you want to approve messages before they are displayed.
- You can also choose to have users compose a message prior to participating in the topic.
- Under the availability heading, you can choose to allow the topic to always be visible, hide the topic or allow the topic to be visible for a specific date range.
- If the topic is visible for a specific date range, provide a start date and end date.
- Under the locking options heading, select lock topic to lock the topic when it is created.
- The topic will remain locked until unlock topic is selected.
- Enter the start date and end date during which the topic will be unlocked.
Click Save and Close