Respondus LockDown Browser is a product designed to assist in preventing cheating during proctored online exams.
Please click on the following links for more details:
- Webinars are offered online directly from Respondus.
- LockDown Browser Features
- LockDown Browser System Requirements
How to use it in SLATE:
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system (LMS). With SLATE, our LMS vendor is Desire2Learn (Brightspace). Please click on the following links to view two brief videos of how LockDown Browser works with SLATE: Vendor Overview and Preparing an Exam
- Instructor Quick Start Guides
- LockDown Browser Instructor Resources
- LockDown Browser Troubleshooting – Instructor
When your course requires the use of LockDown Browser for online exams, students can watch this short video and get a basic understanding of how LockDown Browser works. Students can download and install LockDown Browser from this link: Lockdown Browser Download. Students can click on the following links for an overview video and a Student Quick Start Guides
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you’re in a location where you won’t be interrupted.
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc.
- Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices.
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test.
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted.
Tip: If you receive the error message “There is a problem with the settings for this exam”, the first thing to do is to ask your instructor to open the LockDown Browser Dashboard for the course.
Help Center is a feature within the LockDown Browser that enables students and help desks to more easily troubleshoot technical issues with a student’s computer. Help Center is available to users of the Windows and Mac editions of LockDown Browser (including Lab Edition). Students won’t see the Help Center button until they log into SLATE with LockDown Browser and select a course. You may click on the following links for more details: Help Center for LockDown Browser Download the Lockdown Browser
The preceding resources have been curated from Respondus directly.