Click on the Restrictions tab:
Dates and Restrictions
- Availability – You can enable Quiz Start and End Dates. This section is used to specify the timeframe in which the Quiz will be available for learners to access it; however, it will always be visible in their table of contents .
- Choose the availability status. Change your quiz status to Active to allow users to see and take the quiz.
- Select the checkbox beside Has Start Date and click on the calendar icon to choose a start date. You can specify a date or date range that your quiz becomes available to users.
- Select the checkbox beside Has End Date and click
on the calendar, icon to choose an end date.
- Select the checkbox beside Has Due Date and click on the calendar to choose a due date. Quizzes submitted after the due date are labelled ‘submitted late’
- Check Display in Calendar to add the start and end dates to the course calendar.You can attach existing release conditions or create and attach new conditions to a quiz. Release conditions require users to meet specific criteria prior to accessing the quiz. For example, you can attach release conditions requiring users to be enrolled in a group or view other content items prior to accessing the quiz.
The respondus lockdown browser and respondus monitor information will be entered into the LockDown browser tab.
Optional Advanced Restrictions
- Add a password in the password field. This will require users to enter a password to access the quiz.
- Specify an IP address to restrict users from accessing the quiz from other IP addresses.
- Enter a time limit for the quiz. Select Enforced time to show a clock.
- Enter a grace period to allow users to submit their quiz without a late flag. The Grace Period is time in addition to the time limit the student will be allowed before the Exceeded Time Limit Behaviour options take effect.
- Select a penalty type for late submissions:
Exceeded Time Limit Behaviour options:
- Allow the student to continue: Allows the student to take as much time as needed to complete the quiz, but flags the quiz as late.
- Prevent the student from making changes: Allows the student to complete the quiz, but after the Time Limit + Late Limit expires, they will receive a zero grade for the quiz.
*Please note, the instructor does have the ability to manually grade the quiz to change the zero.
- Allow the student to continue working, but automatically score the attempt as zero after an extended deadline: The student will be prompted to submit the quiz and will be unable to make any further changes.
*Please note, the auto-submit attempt does not automatically submit the quiz. This option prevents the student from making any further changes and may require the instructor to submit the attempt.
- Special Access allows you to assign specific users a different set of quiz availability options. You can increase the time limit and allow for different start and end dates for individual users.