Add a Grade Item:
- Select Assessment>Grades from the course navbar.
- Select Manage Grades
- Click on the New button
- From the drop-down lists select Item
Select Grade Item Type:
- Select Numeric as the grade item type.
- Enter the name of the grade item in the name field.
- Provide a short name if your grade item name exceeds 15 characters.
- If this grade item belongs to a category, select the category from the drop-down.
- Enter the points that you will evaluate the grade item out of.
- Enter the weight the grade item contributes towards the final grade
Note: this is only an option if you are using the Weighted Grade system.
- Select Can Exceed if the grade item can exceed the maximum points value in the box above (ie. 40)
- Select Bonus if you want the item to be included as a bonus item.
Bonus items are not counted towards the maximum points for a category or final grade. Select Bonus and Can Exceed if you want to allow users’ grades to exceed the maximum points.
- Select a grade scheme if different from the default scheme.
- Associate a Rubric with the grade item by clicking Add Rubric
Note: You must create the rubric first.
- Additional Display Options are available.
- Click Save and Close