In addition to the Final Grade, some programs require student’s to achieve passing grades in categories. In this example, students are required to achieve a passing grade at the Mid-Semester of the course. Each portion has numerous assessments.
Create a Milestone Grade by creating a new Grade Item using the Calculated Grade type:
- On the Manage Grades page select New.
- From the drop-down list select Item.
- On the New Item page select Calculated.
- Title the New Grade Item.
- Under the Grade Items to Include heading select the existing items that will be used to calculate the milestone grade.
- Under the Calculation Method heading select Milestone Grade Calculation.
- Click Save and Close.